| Hope walks and drives the streets of Wayland!
On Monday evening June 24, ten believers met at the Wayland City Park to prayer walk or drive the community. They paired up into 5 teams of two, 3 teams drove while 2 teams walked. Here is what happened:
- One team drove to every school in Wayland asking God’s blessing on kids, teachers, administration, and support staff. Additional prayers were offered at Baker Elementary where Gun Lake Community Church partners with Hand2Hand Ministry.
- While walking, a team came upon an older woman and two young adults. The team was able to celebrate with the older woman that she is cancer free and 42 years free from any addictions. The team was able to bless the young adults for lives that were full of life and hopeful futures. It was a wonderful time.
- Another team drove the city limits of Wayland asking God’s blessing and protection over the city. Prayers of hope and asking God’s love to be known in Wayland were shared.
- While walking up to Hardings Market, another team encountered a woman who was just getting out of her car and seemed a little distressed. They lovingly engaged her and found out that she was a single mom whose boyfriend had just suffered a relapse into addiction. As they asked her if they could pray for her, she began to cry and said that she absolutely needed it. She couldn’t believe the timing of the encounter and was so grateful.
- Another team drove just outside the city limits in the country. They were led to pray for the area farmers, for God’s blessing on the crops (especially with the late planting), and for a strong harvest in the Fall. They asked for God’s provision, strength, and guidance for farmers throughout the area.
God created us to be a people of hope! Because His love is inside of us, we can overflow with hope to others. How is the Holy Spirit leading you to be part of the fun? It might be as easy as loving the person who is right in front of you.
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit!” Romans 15:13